What does COVID-19 mean for your UK Visa & UK Travel Plans?

COVID-19 has changed many lives, and the plans we made for 2020. What does this mean for your UK visa & travel plans? We have created this handy FAQ page that will hopefully help you find the information you need.

Though the situation is changing rapidly, here is what we know right now:

  • The UK have not banned travel to/from Australia, New Zealand, or Canada. Upon entry into the UK on/after June 8th, 2020 - you must self-isolate for 14 days.
  • The Australian government has a travel ban in place. Anyone returning to Australia must self-isolate for 14 days upon return. If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident and want to travel outside of Australia, you need to apply for an exemption visa in order to leave the country.
  • The Canadian government recommends you avoid non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice, and that anyone returning to Canada must self-isolate for 14 days upon return.
  • The New Zealand government recommends that you do not travel overseas at this time, and that anyone returning to NZ must self-isolate for 14 days upon return.


Frequently Asked COVID-19 Questions

Below, you will find a collection of frequently asked questions relating directly to COVID-19 and how that can/will affect your UK travel plans. Each FAQ also links to a blog post where you can find more in depth information on that question/topic.

My 30 day entry clearance (vignette sticker inside your passport) has expired, or is about to expire... What should I do?

You can either contact the Coronavirus Immigration Helpdesk, or you can hand in your passport at the Visa Application Centre where you originally did your biometrics appointment and ask for the '30 day replacement visa'. You will be given a 90 day entry clearance vignette inside your passport. Please see our blog on how to obtain the '90 day replacement visa' here.

I want/need to travel to the UK. Are there restrictions I need to know about?

If you must travel to the UK, there are new border restrictions when you enter from June 8th, 2020 onwards. Also, you must check your country's travel advice to ensure you meet all requirements to exit your country. Australia has a travel ban in place that includes citizens departing the country. If you need to leave Australia, you must apply for an exemption visa.

Read More » https://www.restlessworld.com.au/blogs/news/covid-19-and-entering-into-the-uk

I have not received my passport back from the Visa Application Centre yet. What should I do?

 Some UK based Visa Application Centres and Australian based Visa Application Centres are opening on June 1st, 2020. All other countries remain closed until further notice. To find out if the VACs in your country are open, please visit the following links:

Europe, Africa, & parts of the Middle East visit: https://uk.tlscontact.com
All other countries visit: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/en

For more information on applications that are currently on-hold, and passports being held at VACs, please visit the blog post below.

Read More » https://www.restlessworld.com.au/blogs/news/you-applied-for-a-uk-youth-mobility-visa-and-are-still-waiting-for-your-visa-decision-and-passport

I am currently in the UK, and my work visa is about to expire (or has already expired). What should I do?

Read More » https://www.restlessworld.com.au/blogs/news/what-do-i-do-if-im-in-the-uk-and-my-uk-working-visa-is-about-to-expire

I want to cancel my approved UK work visa due to COVID-19 and I have not entered the UK yet. What are my options?

Read More » https://www.restlessworld.com.au/blogs/news/i-want-to-cancel-my-uk-working-visa-covid-19-coronavirus 

My UK work visa is about to start/activate, should I still travel to the UK?

Read More » https://www.restlessworld.com.au/blogs/news/my-uk-working-visa-is-about-to-start-should-i-go-to-the-uk


Still Not Sure What To Do?

If you require further guidance or advice, we highly recommend that you contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre at CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk

Please note: due to data protection regulations in the UK, the UKVI can only speak with the visa applicant/holder about their specific query.


Contact Us For More Information

If you have further questions, please email us again at covid19@restlessworld.com.au or call us toll free on 1300 95 75 95 or +61 429 389 226.