British Passport by Descent
Do you have a parent who was born in the UK? If you do, you could be eligible for a British Passport by Descent! You won’t be able to pass this onto your children, but you can work, live, and travel in the UK for as long as you'd like!
The ability to explore all that the UK has to offer (and Europe too!) is just a quick application away!
Were you born before 1st January 1983 and your Father was born in the United Kingdom (The “United Kingdom” means England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), and your Father was married to your Mother at the time of your birth or soon after; or
Were you born on or after the 1st January 1983 and one of your parents (Father or Mother) was born in the UK, with your Father being married to your Mother at the time of your birth or soon after.
I have a criminal record. Can I still apply for my UK passport?
As a British Citizen or British National, you are entitled to apply for a passport. However, all applications are reviewed by the UK Home Office and, if you are deemed a security risk, your passport application could be refused.
- Provide you with all of the required documentation to start the passport application process
- We will apply for the passport application on your behalf making sure it is correct & complete
- Offer you step-by-step assistance, answer any/all questions, and provide expert advice
- Provide a personal check list of all the supporting documents you will need for your application, unique to you and your situation
- Review your completed application to ensure that everything is in order and free of potential errors or complications
- Ensure that your UK passport application is processed as quickly as possible
The current cost for an ADULT British Passport by Descent is £105.86GBP.
The current cost for a CHILD British Passport by Descent is £75.86GBP.
*Fees correct as of 1st March 2018 & subject to change without notice. Price includes courier fee. The passport price above is independent of our Restless World Service fee of $99AUD.
When you receive your application forms they may look extremely simple, but be warned, one slip-up on your UK Passport application can result in a swiftly rejected bid. True to the English spirit, the British High Commission are a particularly cautious bunch and are remarkably unforgiving of any errors that may have been made on your application. If they sense that something is amiss, they may well turn you down with neither a second thought nor a refund. That’d be one costly typo!
The harsh nature of the application process is exactly why Restless World’s resident boffins spend their time investigating all of the ins and outs of the application procedure. With Restless World, you’ll gain access to this brains trust, giving yourself the very best chance of realising your UK dream!
Fees for passport applications are non refundable in cases where:
- you do not have the right to a British passport
- you withdraw your application before a decision has been made
- you failed to provide the UK Embassy with any additional information necessary to make a decision on your application
- you have applied online but did not post your application and supporting documents away within 30 days of application date.
This is because the UK Embassy incur costs for the work involved in processing the application. A refund of the passport cost will be given where the UK Embassy have issued a faulty passport or if there was an error on the UK Embassy’s part in producing the passport.
- - - - -
**All applicants are required to disclose any/all past criminal and/or serious traffic-related offences. Failure to disclose this information could lead to your application being rejected by the UK Home Office, and could amount to a subsequent ban from the UK. Restless World cannot be held responsible for rejections or bans imposed by the UK Home Office on account of past criminal records or infractions.