UK Married/Unmarried Settlement Visa (Assessment Fee)
Please Note: The $250AUD assessment fee covers your initial consultation only. Following this consultation with our UK Immigration Lawyer, your final visa processing fees will be quoted, based on your individual needs/situation.
Consultation with Ian (our UK Immigration Lawyer):
In order to qualify for the Settlement Visa, you must:
- Prove that you and your partner are legally married, in a civil partnership, or have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least 2 years (documents must be provided as proof);
- Plan to live together permanently;
- Be able to support yourself (and any dependants) without the need to access public funds;
- Your sponsor must have a full time job in the UK (if not currently working in the UK, they must have a job offer letter from a UK employer). The job needs to pay more than £18,600 GBP per annum (if not, then savings of £16,000 GBP are required to reduce the figure);
- If there is no job offer then £62,250 is the amount needed to reduce income requirements to zero.
Please note: This visa is available to both heterosexual and same-sex couples. If you have a recent criminal conviction, you may or may not be eligible depending on the circumstances. If this is the case, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
So, are you made of the right stuff? Do you tick the appropriate boxes? If so, your family’s dream of living in the British Isles could be close enough to touch! It’s just a matter of applying for the UK Settlement Visa, and that’s where we at Restless World come in.
- Provide you with all of the required documentation and application forms;
- Offer you step-by-step assistance in completing the forms;
- Review your completed application, ensuring everything is in order and free of potential complications;
- Lodge your visa application with the British High Commission;
- Book your biometric scanning appointment for you, at a time that is convenient;
- Ensure that your visa application is processed as quickly as possible.
If you have already applied for a Settlement Visa and have been refused, this consultation is very important in order to review your situation, giving you a solid application the second time around. Most of the people who have done this on their own have been rejected. Our process allows you to understand what the British High Commission is looking for, and saves you time and money in the process.
The final cost for your visa & assistance services will be quoted to you after our lawyer has completed the initial assessment.
As part of the application process, UK Settlement Visa candidates are required to participate in a mandatory biometric appointment with British authorities, or their appointed representatives. Don’t worry, it won’t hurt a bit!
The available locations for these appointments will be provided to you. Some locations will require you to pay an additional surcharge for your biometric appointment. For Canadian applicants, an additional surcharge of US$100 is applicable to any biometric appointment.
Effective 6th April 2016
All Australian, New Zealand and Canadian citizens will be provided with full access to the British National Health Service (NHS) for the entire term of their visa. This will grant you full rights to the health services that everyday UK citizens get, including visits to the doctor and the hospital, and access to prescription medications at the same prices.
A health service surcharge is payable at the time of purchasing the UK Settlement Visa. The cost of this surcharge (if any) will vary from applicant to applicant, and will be advised once we have all of your application details. This fee will cover you for the entirety of your visa, whenever you may choose to use it.
When you arrive in the UK and receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card, just flash the card at appropriate NHS locations to gain access to one of the best healthcare systems in the world.
When you receive your application forms they may look extremely simple, but be warned, one slip-up on the UK Settlement Visa application can result in a swiftly rejected bid. True to the English spirit, the British High Commission are a particularly cautious bunch, and are remarkably unforgiving of any errors that may have been made on your application. If they sense that something is amiss, they may well turn you down with neither a second thought nor a refund. That’d be one costly typo!
The harsh nature of the visa application process is exactly why Restless World’s resident boffins spend their time investigating all of the ins and outs of the application procedure. With Restless World, you’ll gain access to this brains trust, giving yourself the very best chance of realising your UK dream!
- - - - -
*All refunds are on a case by case basis. All visas rejected based on past criminal records are not eligible for a refund from Restless World.
**All applicants are required to disclose any/all past criminal and/or serious traffic related offences. Failure to disclose this information could lead to your application being rejected by the UK Home Office, and could amount to a subsequent ban from the UK. Restless World cannot be held responsible for rejections or bans imposed by the UK Home Office on account of past criminal records or infractions.