UK Married or Unmarried Settlement Visa - Free Eligibility Assessment
Joining Family In The UK (Settlement)
The UK Family Visa also formerly known as the spousal visa, allows immediate family to join a sponsor permanently in the UK. Spouses, partners, fiancé(e)s, children, dependant adults and parents of a child residing in the UK can apply to join or accompany:
- British Citizens
- Holders of a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode
- Permanent Residents (indefinite leave to remain)
If your sponsor is none of the above, you may qualify for a different type of dependant visa. Please contact us for further information.
If successful, dependants are issued a visa valid for 2.5 years. Before this visa expires, you must apply for a further extension of 2.5 years. Once you have been resident in the UK for 5 years, you will be able to apply for permanent residence (indefinite leave to remain), after which you can choose to apply for British Nationality.
Visa holders must enter the UK either at the same time or after their sponsor.
Why Use Our Settlement Visa Service?
Jacqueline Keningale will be your personal visa consultant throughout the very difficult and tedious application process to ensure that your application meets the highest standard possible. Jacqueline worked over 30 years for the British High Commission. For the last 8 years, she has held the position of Entry Clearance Officer as well as UK Visa and Immigration Liaison Manager.
We provide the following:
- Our experienced visa consultant will comprehensively review your entire settlement application and supporting documentation prior to submission;
- We will make the official UK Visa application on your behalf;
- Our visa consultant will create a supporting documents checklist tailored to your individual circumstances;
- We will provide the appropriate letters for your application;
- We will book your biometric appointment at a convenient time and location that suits you;
- Provide guidance on the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) collection and 30 day vignette;
- Your UK visa consultant is available (you will have a direct line to Jacqueline) who is available to assist and answer any questions you may have;
- If your initial supporting documents do not satisfy the requirements we will help you with solutions and provide guidance on how you might obtain the documentation you need;
- We offer a no visa = no fee* guarantee.
Are You Eligible?
As a partner?
- Are you married,
- in a same-sex civil partnership,
- in a relationship akin to marriage (for a minimum of 2 years),
- a fiancé(e), and can you provide evidence?
As a child?
- Are you under 18 years of age?
- Are you travelling with both parents?
- If not, can the parent you are travelling with prove ‘Sole Responsibility’?
As an adult or dependant relative?
- Parent aged 18 years or over;
- brother or sister aged 18 years or over; or
- son or daughter aged 18 years or over of a person (“the sponsor”) who is in the UK.
As a parent of a child resident in the UK?
The applicant must provide evidence that they have either:
- sole parental responsibility for the child; or
- direct access (in person) to the child, as agreed with the parent or carer with whom the child normally lives or as ordered by a court in the UK; and
- the applicant must provide evidence that they are taking, and intend to continue to take, an active role in the child’s upbringing.
Do you meet the suitability requirements?
Do you plan to live together permanently and is your sponsor able to support and accommodate you without recourse to public funds if you are exempt from the financial requirements below, or if you are applying as a parent of a child, you also need to prove you can support yourself.
If you have a recent criminal conviction you may or may not be able to apply straight away.
Do you meet the financial requirements?
There are many ways to meet the financial requirements.
- If your sponsor is already living in the UK, do they have a job earning at least GBP18,600 or
- If your sponsor currently lives with you do they currently earn the equivalent of GBP18,600. They will also have to have a job to go to earning at least this amount starting within 3 months of your intended arrival date or
- Do you have savings of over GPB62,500? Have you had these savings for a minimum of 6 months, or have you recently sold your house or
- Do you earn at least $18,600 from non-employment earnings such as shares, rent etc or
- Do you earn at least $18,600 from your pension or
- Is your sponsor self-employed?
- Are you exempt from the financial requirements for example your partner is on a disability pension or is a carer?
Do you meet the English language requirement?
You must have English speaking and listening skills at Level A1 or above.
Australian and New Zealand passport holders do not need to provide evidence other than their passport.
Do you need a TB test?
If you have lived in Australia or New Zealand for six months prior to your application, you do not require a TB test.
Phone Assessment - What to expect?
The free phone assessment is likely to take around 15 minutes during business hours at a time convenient to you, Mondays or Tuesdays only. You will be able to ask our UK visa consultant all the questions in regards to your settlement queries.
Mandatory Biometric Appointment
As part of the application process, all UK visa applicants are required to participate in a mandatory biometric appointment which involves having fingerprints and a photo taken at a visa application centre, or a Biometric Enrolment centre. This is a standard part of the process.
Please note that at some locations in Australia and Canada you are required to pay an additional surcharge of GBP55 for your biometric appointment. We will discuss these fees with you in advance of your appointment, based on your appointment location in your home country.
Effective 6th October 2018
All Australian, New Zealand and Canadian citizens will be provided with full access to the British National Health Service (NHS) for the entire term of their visa. This will grant you full rights to the health services that everyday UK citizens get, including visits to the doctor and the hospital, and access to prescription medications at the same prices.
A health service surcharge is payable at the time of purchasing the UK Settlement Visa. The cost of this surcharge (if any) will vary from applicant to applicant and will be advised once we have all of your application details. This fee will cover you for the entirety of your visa, whenever you may choose to use it.
When you arrive in the UK and receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card, just flash the card at appropriate NHS locations to gain access to one of the best healthcare systems in the world.
If you make one small (very) common mistake on your UK settlement visa application or unknowingly fail to provide the correct supporting documentation, your application will be refused, and UKVI will not refund your visa application fee.
Restless World’s experienced staff have an in-depth knowledge of UK visa categories as well as processes and will ensure that your application is a successful one.
*All refunds are assessed on a case by case basis. Visas rejected based on past criminal records, previous refusals any undisclosed information relevant to your application are not eligible for a refund from Restless World. We reserve the right to waive the no-visa, no fee disclaimer should your circumstances warrant it, but this will be agreed in writing before progressing with your application.
**All applicants are required to disclose any/all past criminal and/or serious traffic related offences and previous visa refusals for any country. Failure to disclose this information could lead to your application being rejected by the UK Visas and Immigration and could lead to a subsequent 10 year ban. Restless World cannot be held responsible for rejections or bans imposed by the UK Visas and Immigration on account of undisclosed information.