Changes to the UK Student Visa!

UK Student Visa

The UK Tier 4 Student Visa is now called just 'Student Visa' and there are three ways of studying in the UK.

Visitor Visa:  If you are going to study for six months or less, you can apply for a visit visa. The new visitor rules allow study of up to six months at an accredited institution. You can also do a recreational course of up to 30 days, for example a dance course or pottery course. If you are from a country which does not require a visit visa (e.g., Australia, Canada and New Zealand) you will not need to apply for the visitor visa before travelling to the UK to study as a visitor.

Short Term Study Visa:  The short-term study visa for English Language Courses lasting between 6 and 11 months only. If you are doing any other course, you need to qualify under a Student visa, see below.

Student Visa:  If you are going for 6 months or more, you will need to apply for a UK Student Visa which will require a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from your education provider. Please note the funds required to support yourself has increased. As well as the cost of your course (up to the first year) you will need to meet the maintenance requirements. How much money you need depends on where you will be studying. 

You’ll need either:

  • £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London
  • £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London

For more information, please contact us - Restless World your UK visa specialists!