German Working Holiday Visa Consultation - 30mins
PRICING INCLUDES ONE-TIME RESTLESS WORLD SERVICE FEE ONLY • UKVI APPLICATION FEES AND MANDATORY UK IMMIGRATION HEALTH SURCHARGE NOT INCLUDED
Are you planning to explore Europe for as long as you can?! Then why not head over to Germany on the German Working Holiday Visa?
Here is a summary of the key points you need to know when heading over to Germany. The Restless World Team is here to help and provide guidance for you if you are feeling overwhelmed by all the information about this visa.
Call us now and book a half hour phone consultation with one of our friendly and experienced Visa consultants. You can also sign up online and we will contact you in the next 24 hours.
The German Working Holiday Visa
The German Working Holiday Visa is based on a bilateral agreement between Germany and Australia that enables young Australians to experience culture and the daily life in Germany. Australian passport holders are allowed to enter into Germany and stay up to 12 consecutive months once the Germany Working Holiday visa has been purchased. To help finance this 1-year stay, you are allowed to work for 6 months in total. You are furthermore entitled to work for multiple employers.
Once you enter into Germany as a tourist (this allows you stay for 3 months in total) and you decide that you like to stay, then what you will ned to do is apply for the 1-year working holiday residence permit in person at the local German immigration department. This department is called 'Die Ausländerbehörde' and can be found in all major German cities.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the German Working Holiday Visa, you must:
- Be an Australian (or Argentinian, Chilean, Uruguayan, Israeli, Japanese, New Zealand) citizen;
- Be between 18 and 30 years old (the visa has to be granted before the 31st birthday);
- Don't have any dependent children;
- Never held this visa before;
- Have no criminal history.
How much does it cost?
You will be asked to pay a fee of €75 at the 'Ausländerbehörde'.
What do I need to bring to this appointment?
- Your Australian passport
- Show evidence of travel/ health insurance valid for your entire stay in Germany including details about coverage. Your insurance cover must be at least € 30,000 and include costs for medical evacuation/repatriation as well as repatriation of body/urn in case of death. Make sure you highlight these relevant passages in your insurance terms and conditions!
- Return ticket to Australia (or a ticket to another country) to prove that you will leave before your visa runs out
- Proof of Funds - You must show that you have a minimum amount of AUD $ 1800 in your account for 3 months. Your latest, official bank statement will be fine.
- Accommodation letter - If you are staying with friends or family in Germany, get them to write a letter confirming that you are able to stay with them free of charge for a minimum 3 months. Also include a photocopy of the ID page of their passport.
Please note: If you do not have accommodation organised and you are staying in a hostel (for example), then this is not a problem, however, you will need to show a minimum of AUD $7100 as your proof of funds.
For any further guidance and consultation, do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to make your German working holiday dreams come true!
*All NV/NF refunds are assessed on a case by case basis. Visas rejected based on past criminal records, traffic offences, previous refusals, any undisclosed information or historical immigration discrepancies relevant to your application are not eligible for a refund from Restless World. We reserve the right to waive the NV/NF guarantee should your circumstances warrant it, but this will be agreed in writing before progressing with your application. All applicants with a criminal conviction and/or traffic offences are not entitled to the NV/NF guarantee.
**All applicants are required to disclose any/all past criminal and/or serious traffic related offences and previous visa refusals for any country. Failure to disclose this information could lead to your application being rejected by the UK Visas and Immigration and could lead to a subsequent 10-year ban. Restless World cannot be held responsible for rejections or bans imposed by the UK Visas and Immigration on account of undisclosed information. If your visa application is rejected or denied based on a mistake made by Restless World staff, your original service fee will be refunded in full, and Restless World will pay for the cost of your re-application. Visa re-application is only applicable if we deem your application to be valid upon the correction of the original mistake made. In the event of an approved NV/NF re-application, we can only re-apply for the same visa as the original denied application (you cannot switch visa categories).
***The following visa services are exempt from the NV/NF guarantee: UK Visit Visa, UK Charity Visa, Registration for British Nationality.