- Hold an Australian passport valid for the entire period of your intended stay in Canada (three years minimum validity is recommended) and;
- Be aged 18-30 years inclusive at the time your application is received. Your application must be stamped as received by the Consulate General of Canada in Sydney on or after your 18th birthday, or before your 31st birthday, and;
- Be medically and criminally admissible to Canada under the Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Privide a police Certificate and Traffic history
Australians are awarded this visa for a 2 year period and can re-apply as many times as the age limit permits!
New Zealand criteria;
- Hold a New Zealand passport that is valid for your entire stay in Canada.
- Be aged 18-35 years (inclusive) at the time your application is received.
- Qualify for admission to Canada under the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations.
- Provide a New Zealand Criminal Record document.
- Have not previously been issued with and made use of a Letter of Introduction through the WHP.
- Be able to provide a New Zealand mailing address even if you are not currently in New Zealand
New Zealanders are awarded this visa for a 1 year period and can not re-apply even if the visa was not utilised.
When you sign up for our Canadian working holiday Program visa service Restless will:
- Supply you with all the correct documentation, Restless application forms and guides.
- Assist you step-by-step with completing the Restless application form
- Review your application to ensure it is correct and complication free
- Submit stage one of the application with the Consulate General of Canada on your behalf
- Assist you step-by-step with supporting documentation you will need for stage two of your application. This will vary depending upon your place of birth, medical / criminal history and type of occupation you intend to do in Canada.
If your application is approved you will be issued a Letter of Introduction. The Letter of Introduction will be sent to you by email. You should NOT book/pay for any travel to Canada, purchase insurance for your stay in Canada, or make commitments to your prospective employer in Canada (if you have one) until you receive your Letter of Introduction.
The Letter of Introduction (LOI) is not your work permit — rather, it identifies you to the port of entry as being eligible to receive a work permit. As such, you must be sure to present the LOI to a port of entry officer when arriving in Canada. Your LOI is valid for 12 months from date of issue. If you had undergone a medical exam with one of the designated medical practitioners as part of your WHP application, your LOI will be valid for 12 months from the date of the medical examination. The last date on which you can present the LOI at a port of entry to Canada and receive a work permit is indicated on the LOI.
Eg. If you are issued with a LOI on the 1st of November 2010, you would have to enter Canada before November 1, 2011. Upon your entry to Canada, when you present this letter, the Port of Entry Officer has the discretion to grant you up to 24 months on your working holiday work permit. NOTE: work permits may not be issued to exceed the validity of your passport. As such, be sure that your passport is valid beyond the period of time you wish to work in Canada.
Canadian Essentials Pack $89
We also offer a fantastic Essentials pack to smooth your arrival into Canada. The pack includes;
- Bank account with Canada’s largest and best respected bank set up and ready for your arrival.
- Application form and guide to help with your application for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Hostelworld Gold Card. (pay no booking fees on hostels for a year)
- Free international money transfer.
- 5% discount on World Nomads Travel Insurance
- 10% discount on shipping with Ozepost
Our Canadian Visa Assistance is only $199* or $250* when combined with the Canadian Essentials Pack.
We think it’s a great idea to complete our Online Assessment just to make sure you’re applying for the right visa.
*Does not include the Canadian Consulate fee
Call us on: AUS 1300 141 033, NZ +612 9318 7888 or email an enquiry HERE.
<br /> <ilayer src=”http://www.s2d6.com/x/?x=i&z=i&v=3127092&r=[RANDOM]&k=[NETWORKID]” mce_src=”http://www.s2d6.com/x/?x=i&z=i&v=3127092&r=[RANDOM]&k=[NETWORKID]” z-index=”0″ width=”300″ height=”250″><br /> <a href=”http://www.s2d6.com/x/?x=c&z=s&v=3127092&r=[RANDOM]&k=[NETWORKID]” mce_href=”http://www.s2d6.com/x/?x=c&z=s&v=3127092&r=[RANDOM]&k=[NETWORKID]” target=”_blank”><br /> <img src=”http://www.s2d6.com/x/?x=i&z=s&v=3127092&r=[RANDOM]&k=[NETWORKID]” mce_src=”http://www.s2d6.com/x/?x=i&z=s&v=3127092&r=[RANDOM]&k=[NETWORKID]” border=”0″ alt=”click here” /><br /> </a><br /> </ilayer><br />